Friday, August 13, 2010

August...Ugh.

Haven't posted at all..so far August has been a very busy and very sad month.

My friend and co-nurse in the emergency room lost her father a week ago in a tragic and senseless accident.

My Grandparents were in an awful car accident last night.  My grandfather is doing well, just very sore and has a few minor injuries.  My Grandmother was more seriously injured.  She is in critical care at Methodist hospital in Indy, she just had 7.5 hours of surgery.  She has a punctured lung, broken ribs, cervical fx's at 5-6-7 and a spinal cord injury.  Andy just called me and says she is doing o.k. and does have some peripheral deficits (her hands and feet are weak) but the doctors feel that she may regain use of them.  I wish I could be down there with her, but I've worked a bunch of nights in a row and the kids went back to school today.  I'm planning on going down when things calm down around here, maybe tonight.  This was another senseless accident, just because some driver didn't want to wait for the cars that were turning, he raced his engine to go around all the other cars, didn't see my grandfather turning and T-boned them....on my Grandmother's side.


I do have good things to report to you...and I will be posting a bunch of smaller posts over the next few days.
Madalyne is playing soccer....and LOVES it!!
The kids both got the teachers they were hoping for (and mostly the classmates they were hoping for--Madalyne is sad Will isn't in her class)...and their back to school haircuts are adorable.
Murphy is getting HUGE.
Daphne is starting to wonder JUST HOW huge Murphy is actually going to get to be.  They are now almost the same height....Murph is only 4.5 months old!!
Brian is working like crazy and comes home everyday...soaked with sweat because it's sooo stinking humid.
(Brian working is a good thing...a very good thing).
I'm working like crazy...I'm grateful for my job...sad for the reasons for all the overtime.  I have an appt. for my ankle on monday....we'll see how that goes.

Please say prayers for my grandparents and for Laura and her family,
Much Love,
Wendy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment