Tuesday, July 13, 2010

JULY...So Far.....


July has been crazy for us so far....I've worked a lot and so has Brian....the kids have been busy too...but those little buggers just get to do fun stuff....while Brian and I slave and slave away to keep them amused.....spoiled little monsters!


So here's July going backwards from today:


July 13th (today)
I mostly cleaned this morning while the kids played Lego Harry Potter...I'm so sick of Lego Harry Potter...I could vomit frogs.
Then we took Madalyne to Basketball Camp...I shall not be posting pics of b-ball camp because Miss M HATES it!!  With a passion that you would not believe....she cried all the way there today (her second day)...so I broke down, sucked up our $35.00 loss and told her she never, ever has to take her princess bottom back there again..after a few sniffles, I got..."Thanks Mom, can we go get ice cream now".   As I am NEVER one to say no to an excuse to get ice cream...we had "Madalyne hates basketball and never,ever, ever has to play it again Sundaes from McDonald's".


Then we went home and got attacked by KILLER WASPS!!!  I could not figure out where they were coming from at first...then I found the biggest, hugest couple of wasps nests ever...(look in the top corners...eek)!!


So we decided to never walk in our front door again.......
O.K. actually Brian used the power washer and blew those suckers down a few hours later.....sharp shooting Tex!


While we are on the subject of the front of our house...we learned a valuable lesson this year...whatever this darn plant is in the front yard..it was a LOT smaller last year when we dug the thing out (or at least..we thought we got rid of it)....apparently...it will NOT die...and to add insult to injury, it's a least 4 times bigger!!  Brian's going to have to bring an excavator home to pull the sucker out!  (except we are kind of afraid to try and get rid of it...what if it comes back next year even bigger...and eats one of the dogs.....)


But our Apple tree in the front yard looks awesome and has a ton of apples on it!






I'm not sure if I posted any pictures of us planting our first garden (and its a secret garden because its planted on the empty lot next to us....so...shhhh)
Here's a pic the day we planted May 17th.........when we seriously and innocently misjudged just how much we were planting..




O>M>G>----------> look at it now--------->




It's gone MAD!!!  The pumpkins actually BLEW-OUT the back left corner of the fence and are taking over the entire neighborhood...ok..that's a bit of an exaggeration...but just barely.  We've already gotten a bunch of little tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers and one pepper...there are at least 7 spaghetti squash almost ready....and I'm not sure how many tomatoes Brian thought we needed....but he planted enough for Heinz to call us for this year's ketchup supply....seriously.


Anyway...so after spending hours in the garden weeding and then making dinner...(Madalyne had her friend Will over)...we all went outside and played soccer for a little while....needless to say...Bootsie and I weren't much help...but we did manage to step in a giant pile of dog poop..so that was great.




By the way...that's Murphy who has apparently become part horse...he's 12 weeks old and weighs 30 pounds!!!  Help me.


Then we gave both dogs a bath.....both dogs.....the kid's bathroom will never be the same.
Then Daphne vomited all over my dining room rug....3 times...it will never be the same.
Then I opened a bottle of wine and begin this blog entry....lets see if the bottle makes it to the end....or if it will be empty....smart bets are on empty....it's been that kind of day.


July 12th---


I slept most of the day....I worked the night before...I was grouchy mommy.


Madalyne cleaned up the living room for me...this is frightening..in a HOW did she do this...David Blaine kind of way:




Notice the small basket at the bottom...I mean that took some serious talent...and about 2.5 seconds for her brother to come over and knock it down...of course.


So she came upstairs to take a nap with me...which apparently means that she needs her special yellow blanket, her blankie, her every stinking stuffed Goofy ever made (all Gramma Carol's doing) and a few books...to read to me....as I'm trying to fall back to blessed sleep....




July 11th----


I worked...it was busy...very busy like it has been every night for weeks!  The kids and Brian worked hard too...playing in Brian's friend Mike's beautiful pool....all day...yeah, they've got it rough...


I'm not bitter though...not at all....


July 10th---


I worked...they went swimming again...this time at Mr's Rockwell's pool...with Brian's mom.


July 9th---Despicable Us!!


I've been working so much by this point, I wanted to have a special day with the kids....and do some things that I love to do also...so we went to IHOP for lunch (kids choice) and they were all decked out for "Despicable Me".....the kids ate cinnaminions and drank minionaides!
The twinkie things with eyeballs are "minions" of Dr. Gru (which I am now calling my sister.....but only in my head..)



Madalyne loved her minionaide----red/white/blue lemonaide with sprinkles on the top....so gross.
But...Zach loved his too...so I guess in their world..it was awesome stuff :-)  Also...I don't know if the guy behind Madalyne was just scratching his eye...or intimating at something else entirely......
Then we went to one of my favorite places on earth; where the kids got "prizes"...(also the work of Gramma Carol....anytime we go anywhere..."Am I going to get a PRIZE"?? is the first thing they want to know)  These kids have gotten so many "prizes"...one would have thought they'd solved world hunger or world peace...but no, they are actually just unbelievably spoiled.....and that's ok.





and then to the library...another one of our all time favorite places!
and then to----
The Chief Ice Cream


The Chief!!!  for ice cream....the single best ice cream around!!  This week's homemade flavor was Pina Colada....sooooo good!!  Interesting side note...what do you think Zach's favorite flavor would be????


It happens to be raspberry....not kid friendly blue raspberry...but red raspberry...strange.


Then we picked up Daddy and we went to see Despicable Me...in 3D...it's awesome!! The kids loved it and have been running around yelling, "it's sooooo fluffy!!!!!" for days......days I tell you,  all day...everyday.


This happened to be an awesome day!!


July 8th-
I worked the night before...so I slept...the kids made everything with Legos you can possibly think of...and left them in the middle of every floor in every room that you can possibly think of.


July 7th---I worked..it was miserably busy...


July 6th---I worked...it was miserably busy...


July 5th---We played around here...walked the dogs..cleaned..nothing fun...but good just to be together.


July 4th---Happy 4th of July!!!
I slept for the first part (because I worked 16 hours the night before)...Brian and the kids went to church...then we all got ready for the picnic, games and fireworks at our church (First United Methodist)  Brian and I volunteered to bring pies, chips and to help out at the different stations...it was hot, rainy and busy but fun!!




That's Madalyne...she was picked to go on stage as part of the magic show.....hmmm...maybe this is where she picked up that ability to stack a million toys.....


Zach and Madalyne in the moon bounce....no....Bootsie and I did not jump in....but I did enjoy some delicious pie as I watched them....
Honestly...that's about as hard as I worked the whole time.....Brian somehow got suckered into helping to put the moon bounce away....put it away....into a tiny little bag.....one of the highlights of my day :-)


Goofy kids...eating pie, cookies, cake, ice cream....it's amazing they sat still for the fireworks...oh yeah...they didn't...not even one tiny bit.


Zach with his balloon sword and turtle....really...its a sword...sheesh...


getting ready for fireworks...I swear next year...I'm going to get a bunch of those stupid glow things from Oriental Trading Co....and sell them myself...those people have a great racket going...3 glowy things for $5!!!  I think you can get like 150 glowy things for $2.50 at Oriental Trading.com.....Hmmmmmm......


Fireworks!!!
The fireworks are from Black Squirrel Golf Course and they are awesome!!


The only drawback is that we were parked less than 2 miles from our house and it took us almost 2 hours to get home!!!  I thought Brian was going to lose his mind...apparently "we should have ridden our bikes...I could have just taped that boot to your pedal" yeah...right, and we could have strapped the pies to my head.....but notice....here we go with the duct tape again!!


Then we went to Burger King (Bleech)...Burger King is the ONLY place open at 12:30 AM on the 4th (i guess really the 5th at this point) of July.  I wish someone could explain to me why it is that whenever you spend the day outside eating hot dogs, hamburgers, chips then pie and ice cream...hours later...you feel like you didn't eat a meal that day...weird....but true.


Still...it was a great 4th!!


July 3rd----I worked...one of the worst days ever at my job.....the emergency room was hopping busy...I was there for 16 hours.


Brian and the kids were having a great time at Mike's pool again....


I'm still not bitter...really....I'm not...at all...bitter.


That is either Madalyne or Snoopy's Red Baron going down the slide....






You tell me....I have no idea what's going on with this kid....but he certainly has plenty of floating devices if he gets in a jam....


Cowabunga!!!


They do have a great time out at Mike's house..:-)


July 2nd----I worked....it sucked....there's a general theme going on here....it has just been unusually busy and people are hot and cranky and possibly a bit stinky...that's all I'm saying.


July 1st....the day we took the dogs to the park...see previous post.


so all and all...its been a busy but fun month so far...and we still have camping and Cedar Point with Uncle Andy to look forward too!!  


Hope your July has been great so far!!-


-Wendy