Tuesday, July 20, 2010

One of those "filler" posts..or 10 things from the last 5 days...

Events over the last few days;

1. I worked...

2. Brian worked...

3. Zach played, swam, played some more...

4. Madalyne played, swam, played some more..

5. We went to the Blueberry Ranch, we drove 45 mins to get there...we were 2.5 mins. late (they closed at 5)..they wouldn't even let us BUY already picked blueberries...we won't be back.

6. But...we did get to go to Outback..since we were already out there..and if you can't snack on healthy blueberries, well then,Aussie Cheese Fries make an awesome substitute!

7. I've now been awake for 29 hours...I'm getting a bit weird...but the house is almost clean, I made zucchini soup from scratch with veggies from the MAD GARDEN, the laundry is done, the dishes are done...and most miraculously of all...the kids are still alive!...and so are the dogs...but just barely.

8. Murphy almost had to change his name to Murpy...Brian caught my misspelling right before I hit the laser thingy, dog tag maker thingy to print at PetSmart.  Thank Heavens!!  How embarrassing would it be to run around the park yelling, "Murpy, here boy, Murpy..come to Mommy"!!!

9. The kids asked Brian if they could get their bathing suits on to swim...Brian said, "Not now"...somehow that translated into..two kids jumping in the pool in their clothes..."But, you said we couldn't put our bathing suits on" <----Glad I was at work for that one!

10.  Madalyne broke down in tears and had to be PICKED UP off the floor of MACY'S...by me...because..."I'm sooo sad Mom, I'll miss you when I go to college".....she's 7.
(then when I thought about her leaving for college, I had to hide my tears...she kills me)


I'm going to go eat dinner now...and try really, really hard to not fall asleep with my face in my zucchini soup!

-Wendy