Thursday, July 1, 2010

A day at the park..with two kids, two dogs and Bootsie..

We decided to go to the park today....then we decided that we would have a picnic...then the next thing I knew "we" decided we were taking BOTH dogs....crazy I must be.


So we loaded up the food, dogs, blankets, etc..and headed out (that sounds soooo much easier than it was....try loading a 75# dog who hates the car into a Jeep Commander..not easy).  They wanted to go to Abshire Park...so we drive there and well...to be honest, there just isn't much to do there for kids...no playground, etc....so we headed over to Shanklin Park.


Shanklin Park has a pool, shady areas to picnic, its by the river and it has Tommy's Castle...


Tommy's Castle is awesome...I just can never find the kids in it!!  Picture me trying to find both kids while I am holding both dogs...and praying to not be pulled over..with Bootsie on..in front of a bunch of strangers who kept looking at me like I was out of my mind!


Immediately when we got to the park, Daphne hid under the table....and refused to budge-


On the other hand...Maniac Park dog (Murphy) kept looking at me like this-
"Dude, Mom..let me off of this thing!!  I have kids to go chew on...I mean...kids I want to meet, yeah...kids I want to meet..come on, come on...untie me.....I'll behave..I promise"....yeah, right.




Madalyne LOVES Bug Juice...especially Strawberry/Banana..it's her very favoritist..she told me...over and over again :-)


Whereas....Zach LOVES watermelon--


Both kids held the dogs for me while I cleaned up-


Nope...I had him tested....Zach is NOT color-blind....trust me, it's just easier to go with whatever he puts on....






Then we put everything away in the car....went for a long walk with the dogs..loaded them back up and came home.  Interesting side note...the 75# dog I HAD to pick up and put in the back of the Jeep to leave the house...JUMPED RIGHT IN..when she knew we were going home...hmm.  I think I'm being played.


I had just enough energy left to fill the pool for the kids, clean the garage, clean the kitchen, do two loads of laundry...etc.


Then I made some awesome peach sweet tea, took it outside with a book, laid down on my chair to enjoy the sun.....and got soaked by two kids and two dogs who all hugged me at one time....I LOVE MY LIFE!!!  I mean it though...I really do :-)