Monday, June 14, 2010

Mixed Up Kind of Day....

So...last night I could not sleep at all..one of those nights where you really, really want to sleep and are so obsessed with falling asleep that you seem to sabotage your own ability to actually shut up your brain already and.."GO TO SLEEP".
Anyway, so I feel asleep for about 2 hours and then got up and convinced Zach that he really did have Football Camp today and that he really was going even if he felt otherwise. "Mom my head feels wrong and well, my throwing arm is off"....I looked all over the place and didn't see his "throwing arm" laying around, so after dragging him forcefully out of bed, off we went to Football Camp at Goshen High School.
This was his first day at the camp and he LOVED it!! It was the first time I've ever seen him smile through an entire sporting event and he ran his little heart out. To be completely honest though, its amazing to me how a kid who can solve and finish a video game in a matter of minutes, apparently has absolutely NO control of his limbs! They do these complicated crab sideways runny-walky-jumpy thing that was hilarious to watch. Judging by the actual football players out there helping them, they eventually will all "get it". So needless to say, since 10 am this morning, Zach has been practicing the run-walk-jump thing and hiking the football (this is the most I've seen of his backside since he was in diapers). I'm just so grateful that he loves it and that the coaches think he should try out for the Goshen Junior Football League a year early! Woo Hoo!
So, then we came back home and I went back to sleep (tried anyway) I had a 2:30 appt. with the family doctor to get "cleared" to go back to work tonight. She took one look at my ankle, moved it just enough times to send me to the ceiling and then told me she was calling the orthopedist right now. great.
So, then we drove over 0.2 miles to the ortho office (convenient, huh?) and I filled out all the paperwork, waited awhile (God bless Grandma's who buy their grandbabies Nintendo DSi's) and then Dr. Rao came in the room, took one look at my ankle, said, "Ouch" and then preceded to move it just enough times to send me to the ceiling, and then a couple more for good measure. Dr. Rao, "I really wish you would have broken it, instead you somehow managed to tear every single ligament in your right ankle...they don't heal or grow back you know". Hmmmmm...NO...I didn't know. Apparently if I am really lucky after 1 MONTH of wearing the lovely ortho B.B.B.B. (Big Butt Black Boot) I may be lucky enough to have formed enough scar tissue to support my ankle so that I only have to wear a lace up ankle brace...for the rest of my LIFE!!
What an awesome day. Oh well, we are all alive, Murphy hasn't chewed up anything vital in a couple of days, Brian is working many hours and Zach loves football...so it hasn't all been bad.
Picture of B.B.B.B. to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment