Monday, June 21, 2010

Workin' and Fishin'

This blog post is going to be sort of a hodge-podge of stuff...

First let me tell you about Madalyne's "near death" experience.
Imagine yourself talking with your husband and all of a sudden you hear a blood curdling yell for help from your baby girl...around here...we aren't moved much by this, due to the fact that Miss M has just cried wolf a few too many times.
I was lying in bed resting up for the next two days back at work with Bootsie...so Brian went to check on her just in case this was the one time a limb was hanging off or teeth were missing, etc.
I hear this, "Oh my Gosh, Oh NO, Oh I'm going to die, Oh daddy daddy save me!!"  seriously... verbatim. Only read into that a lot of panic and hyperventilation.
Apparently Madalyne had decided to throw all of the stuffed animals out of a tote that is in our basement, its one of those totes with a lid and two latches to hold the lid down...so naturally there is a warning label to not place actual babies in the tote.


Well...Madalyne had decided to get into the tote to throw the rest of the animals out, then she looked up and saw the warning sticker and in a typical Madalyne reaction, she decided that meant she was going to DIE...later....she wasn't sure when because "the sticker doesn't say when, it just says I'm going to die!!" (insert lots of tears and hyperventilation, not to mention Brian and I choking back our tears of laughter).
After we gathered our senses back together...we explained that she wasn't going to die and what the sticker meant.  I wish I could say this was a rare thing with her, but it's almost every day....she's a tad dramatic.

So then later that night, the big storm hit, all those stuffed animals were on the basement floor instead of in their tote (because Madalyne was simply too traumatized to put them back)...guess which side of the basement flooded.....yeah.  The next day we had a whole backyard of drying stuffed animals like some kind of crazy art exhibit.

The next two nights Bootsie and I went back to work..it was rough, that's all I'm going to say.  Luckily I have two days at home to recover :-)

under the weather cartoons, under the weather cartoon, under the weather picture, under the weather pictures, under the weather image, under the weather images, under the weather illustration, under the weather illustrations

Sunday was Father's day and Brian and the kids went out to his dad's house to fish...or in other words, they all went out to watch Madalyne catch fish after fish.  (fish must be attracted to angst)
Fish 1:

Fish 2:
Fish 3:

"Oh yeah Mom, I was THE fisherwoman out there"











Brian says she caught 6-7 fish, Zach caught 1 and Brian and his Dad didn't catch any!!
They all had a great time though...and I got to sleep in a peaceful house!!  

One last thing:
Murphy says, "hello!!  Look at me, I'm actually chewing on a TOY!!" (instead of everything else that I'm not supposed to be chewing on)

No comments:

Post a Comment